panic attack out of nowhere !!! Hate It !!

Posted , 7 users are following.

So I was doing laundry and out of nowhere my throat started to get tight , my head started getting this burning, tingling, and pressure sensation, and I started feeling shaky like I was going to have a seizure or something , which scared the loving daylights out of me , I don't understand why I can't get though this and going on with my life , I feel like I'm literally suffering in my own body , this has really all taken a toll on me , these head sensations , sharp pains in my head , headaches, all of it is becoming a bit much. I'm trying to deal with all.of this the best I can , but sometimes it gets the best of me . feeling really sad and hopeless 🙏🙏😢😢😔😔

3 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

• Posted

I hopeing your doing okay now im so tired of this anxiety stuff also i hate feelin like im.going to die and worrying and feeling not like myself every dat it truly sucks i can't stand this weird head feelings either i wish it will all go away so i can be my old out going self again but pray and keep fighting we're in this boat together GOD BLESS
    • Posted

Yes we are , we just have to keep fighting , its tuff but one day we will feel back to our normal outgoing selves again , one day soon 🙏🙏🙏
  • Posted

Try to remember it's temporary. I have different techniques like splashing cold water in my face. Walking.

If I can get out of the house. Hang in there . Also a panic attack can't kill you

• Posted

Thank you jennyvegas , I will try that next time to splash some cold water on my face , I'm willing to try aost anything at this point , yes I know one day it will pass , this is just a longgggggggg temporary 😩😩😩 !!!
  • Posted

I'm so sorry you are going through this Jenni.  But rest assure that you are not alone.  Many of us here have had some sort of anxiety or panic attack.  They are normal.  It comes out of nowhere.  I had dealt with it a few years back and thought I was cured.  But last month it came back.  So, now I'm dealing with it the best I can by taking Prozac.  I really don't like taking medication but I feel I need it.  Maybe I can finally get rid of it.  I have started to focus on my diet and exercising more.  Plus I don't drink coffee or soda anymore.  

I hope you feel better.  Remember that talking about it does help.  Wishing you the best of luck.  

• Posted

Thank you very much bigtexas, and you're right talking about it does give me a sign if relief, I'm.glad to have entered this forum , I have gained some sort of comfort in knowing that others out there are trying to get through the same thing I'm trying to get through , I also realized its not easy , but there is light somewhere way down there at the end of the tunnel !! Wishing you all best of luck also thank you
  • Posted

hopefully you're going better now!

have you had a panic attack before?

• Posted

Mine are hormone related. I thought being post-menopause would help. And it has some. But I was under the misconception that menopause meant to more hormonal shifts and that isn't true. Low blood sugar also can bring mine on. So as soon as one starts, I eat some protein and good fat and a high fiber fruit. And I drink a couple glasses of water. Most of the time, the food really helps.

I have found that laying down and putting my earbuds in and going to YouTube for some meditation or relaxation videos also helps. They focus on breathing, so I can get distracted by doing the breathing exercises and it helps.

And sometimes nothing helps. Ugh.

• Posted

Mine are hormone related too so my Dr.gave me HRT made me gain weight so I quit
    • Posted

Hi ceesmith, that's my next move , I'm going to see a,endocrinologist, to check my hormones and thyroids.
  • Posted

I have to say that yesterday was a pretty good day for me.  Normally anytime I have days like that I try to appreciate every moment of it.  But this morning was a different story.  Every morning I wake up with some sort of uneasiness in my stomach. If I start to focus on it I start to feel scared and anxious.  So, I try to block it out.  It was only a minor one this time but I read that it gets worst before it gets better.  I'm on day 12 of taking Fluoxetine.  Doctors tell me that after 2 weeks I should start to feel the effects of the medicine but I also read that sometimes it could take anywhere between 4 and 6 weeks.  Regardless, I am going to do whatever I can to get through this.  I want to feel normal again.  I guess we will see.  

Hope you don't mind.  I just had to get this out in the open.  I started off my day feeling not so great.  Hope everyone has a better day.  

• Posted

No I don't mind at all, I'm glad to gear anything you guys say that's what we are all here for to communicate with each other and vent
  • Posted

Hi Jenni, I know how you feel, you're not alone with this. It has to be the worst feeling in the world. I've dealt with this for years, sometimes it goes away for awhile, but periods of stress seem to bring it back. I used to get all the physical symptoms then the depersonalization too, that was the worst.

the bad thing is that nobody you talk to understands, unless they've experienced it, that's the good thing about this forum. I hope you feel better and remember it will pass. Take care of yourself and God bless.

Brian

• Posted

Thank you for understanding, I

These forums are great they help a lot ,because trying to explain what's going on to your family or friends who hasn't ever experienced anxiety or panic attacks is useless, and frustrating. I'm going to stay strong as I possibly can until.this passes , hoping that day is coming soon , god bless you also have a great day !!

• Posted

Yes Jenni, I never wish anyone bad. But sometimes I wish people could experience these feelings even for a day(particularly Doctors 😄) it would give them some empathy for what we suffer. You will get through this my friend, it seems to come and go(at least with me) and as I said I've been dealing with this for a long time. It has taught me empathy for others which is a good thing. But I wish it would leave for good lol. Bless you and hang in there, be gentle with yourself. When you get afraid it makes it worse.

Brian

• Posted

Yes I feel 100% the same way , you hang in there too my friend , god bless us all with this anxiety !!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.