Panic attacks

Posted , 4 users are following.

I thought I could share my story and see if anyone can recommend anything to me as I think I've tryed alot of thing but im willing to give anything a go.

Since I was 15 years old I started getting panic attacks it didnt affect me as much but as time went on it started taking over my life. I got to the point where im afraid to go out on my own. Im 27 years old now I havent had a social life ive been told from my doctor that I have Panic Attacks, Phobia and Social Anxiety Disorder. I lost all my friends though my illness im afraid to take medication what my doctor gave me I have a fear of taking medication that something bad might happen to me. I just want my life back and enjoy it but im to scared to leave my house or go anywhere.

So im hopping if anyone can recommend anything that might help me to over come this I would be happy im new to all this patient forums but I been reading what other people go though so im not on own for once which I thought that I was x

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I started taking a natural remedy called Valerian which is made from some sort of root and a friend who has the same problem as we do suggested it to me. She threw away the antidepressants she was taking and now feels great. I started almost two weeks ago and the Anxiety and panic attacks are clearing up . This comes is pill or liquid form and I haven't got any side effects and starting off I took half a dozen at a time within six hours . It can make you sleepy according to the instructions so you may need to follow the directions . I don't get sleepy so I took it according to the way my friend did it.
  • Posted

Exercise and drink teas (chamomile) relaxes me. Of course caffeine free
  • Posted

Hi Tracy, it sounds like your life is very restricted at the moment. I would recommend medication. Sometimes the side effects are bad at first but once you get over that and on the right medication you should start feeling a bit better. You can also get a medication like a beta blocker that makes your heart not beat as fast. There is no harm in those at all. Also try CBT at the same time but makes sure you see someone very qualified and experienced. And look into mindfulness, I've just started but it's really supposed to help.
  • Posted

Thank you for your lovely comments I will try them out and see if I get any better I appreciate for you all taking the time to answer my comment I hope I can over come this x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.