Panic Attacks

Posted , 6 users are following.

I'm starting to get panic attacks more often than usual. I'll wake up out of dead sleep with my heart rate at 120-155bpm, shaking uncontrollably, etc. They last around 30 minutes to an hour depending on if I tough it out or take my fast acting anxiety medicine. After these attacks; my heart, head, and whole body ache and feel stained. I mainly suffer from health anxiety and worry about stroke, heart attack, infection, etc. Can anyone else relate?

2 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

You are not alone, does it feel like when all this is going on that ur in a dreamlike state?
    • Posted

Yes, or I also have this feeling that I fainted and I'm not actually freaking out and I'm watching myself. Hard to explain.
    • Posted

i hate the damn dream like state sometimes i question if im really alive. its scary
  • Posted

I can definitely relate. I use to wake up all the time with my heart wanting to come out of my chest and throat, it's such a terrible feeling not being able to control anxiety even while trying to sleep. When I do sleep and I wake the next day my whole left side is constantly sore and it feels like someone's been punching me in my sleep. It's terrible... I recently started taking propanolol for my palpitations, and it's has worked for theme, but my neck hurts so bad just on the left side. I was diagnosed with anxiety about 3 months ago and I've been on prozac 10mg and now propanolol 10 3xday. Not sure if I have health anxiety, but I believe it is... all I can think of is if my heart is okay, and I'm super careful of what I put in my body and not overworking myself too much because I'm afraid I might pass out or my heart would just give up on me....
    • Posted

You described me perfectly. I'm in constant fear of my heart ever since the first heart palpitation when I was on a different medicine. Ever since then, I've been to the doctors often and I've been scared of my body shutting down. Sometimes I'll talk myself into feeling things. It's pure torture.
    • Posted

It's amazing how that works right? I could be sitting with my family trying to enjoy dinner and bam, I'll get a thought of my heart and immediately I go into panic mode. This forum has really helped me a lot, reading different cases and sharing my own. It's therapeutic..
    • Posted

I totally agree. It helps me know that I'm not alone and often calms me during panic mode.
    • Posted

For sure, I hope that you are feeling better xoxo
  • Posted

Me too relax the pain is from panic attack just breath lay down relax pray its hard but take control of it dont let it take control of you if u ever neef to talk inbox me i suffer from high blood pressure ever since i have been worried of everything heart attack strokes u name it but its all in your head
    • Posted

I hope you're doing okay. My mom has really high blood pressure and it makes her worry a lot. It must be super worrying having that. My blood pressure always stays around 120/85ish unless I ride a mile or walk all over. I wish you luck.
  • Posted

Im in the same spot right now. Im on cymbalta 30mg and buspar 5mg twice a day and im struggling right now. I can barely sleep and keep getting a weird burning sensation on my skin which i think is from the buspar. I just want to feel normal again. I have been on cymbalta before and it worked well for me so i hope i can get back there soon. The panic attacks are ridiculous and i dont want to have to take xanax to have to calm down.
    • Posted

I take Quetiapine and Hydroxyzine (as needed) and I believe the quetiapine isn't even working and I've been on it for 5 months. I think I need a step up anxiety/depression medicine because these panic attacks make it hard to sleep and function. 😕 What happened/how long during your panic attacks? Any suggestions?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.