Panic attacks

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi guys! So I have cfs and recently my panic attacks have got worse. Does anyone else suffer with this whilst having cfs and the rest of the other symptoms. I just have not been able to go to sleep instead I just nod off then I jerk and wake up in a panic my breathing is fast and it takes me time to slow it down. Can anyone help?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hiya I'm not sure what medication you are on but I had m e chronic fatigue for 5 years after a viral infection I never really got better until my sleep improved I took amattryptyline for nerve pain but it also improved my sleep there are other things that can help I would relax as much as possible and look at speaking to your go or consultant to help you good luck don't give up it took me 5 years and iam doing things I wouldn't have dreamed of

• Posted

I have had that for nerve pain and I was like a zombie . Every anti depressants I take I have such bad luck that I'm scared.  Thanks russ151

• Posted

Hey, I had really bad anxiety and insomina leading up to my PVF and a little during. What really helped me was mindfullness meditation and CBT - My issue was also waking up during the night, but eventually this sorted out through gradual weekly improvements. I too was prescribed amitriptyline but rarely used it and really just had it as an insurance. 
  • Posted

Hi freeme,

I have just been diagnosed PVF/CFS, panic attacks and anxiety have got really bad recently , sleep is starting to get better and taking a minor med to help me get off to sleep.

My worst symptom is the brain fog and anxiety, no pain luckily.

I try to get a good bedtime routine going, read a book, bath and mindfulness app seems to help.

How’s your progress going since last post?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.