Panic attacks after breaking ankle

Posted , 8 users are following.

i am having severe panic attacks since i broke my ankle 3 days ago. i can't take pain meds cause it makes itching terrible. i cant take it anymore.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

so sorry you are suffering. did the drs not suggest an alternative pain management? i cant image going thru my accident without something for the pain

can you take anything for anxiety? did you have surgery on your ankle hope you get some relief soon

• Posted

big deep breathing breaths. high up arm stretching and slow neck roles helped me. still do them daily. I'm 6 months post surgery and still in lots of pain when walking on one crutch. be patient and try to trust that you will be fine.

• Posted

Dont panic. !!! Go out and get an ankle wrap that takes iced water and an AIRCAST cooler (Cryo/Cuff. You can get small ice making unit for approx £60 to fill cooler. Good luck problem solved.

• Posted

Have you tried different pain medication or ice? Do you have people around/good books/tv programmes lined up to distract you. About a week after surgery my pain greatly reduced.

It will get easier

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.