Panic attacks/ anxiety

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have suffered with Panic attacks over 6 years ago, I was feeling faint and like I was going to pass out. After I learned it was just panic attacks , it eventually went away. This year however, since Decemeber I had a death of a friend, a lot of stress at school, than I had two important interviews while I was away in a different country, than my boyfriends father passed away. This all happened within two months. At the second funeral I felt my heart beating fast like I was going to faint, I felt lightheaded everyday after that. I went to the ER because all day I was feeling faint and my blood pressure was high. I found out that I just had a panic attack. Having this before didnt help me much this time around. I started to experience derealization, knots in my stomach,and if all of that went away I would just feel lightheaded all day until I started to do some physical activity. My question is , does this ever get better with time? I tried everything, thinking positive, excersise, yoga and had one session so far with the therapist, I'm starting to slowly loose hope. The worst is derealization, this doesnt last all day but when it stops I start thinking and over analyzing if I feel like I'm really here. Any advice would be helpful! I appriciate it!

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I just had my 2nd daughter 9 weeks ago and about a month ago my high school best friend passed away. A couple of days after her viewing I started having the derealization 24/7. It's lasted for a whole month! I've had anxiety for years but it seems after my second baby it got worse because all of that happened after I had her and threw me into an anxiety whirl wind! I also have the bad habit of googling my symptoms. I had pressure on the left side of my head when all this happened and I was CONVINCED that I had a brain tumor because I couldn't accept the fact that this was all just anxiety as to why I was feeling like death! I had a Ct scan done of my head and all was normal. My blood work was normal. After the Ct scan being normal the pressure went away (go figure) But sometimes I'll freak myself out and think oh my gosh I have to have something wrong with me because I still feel this way and it's life threatening and I'm going to die! I think my friend passing and that I have the death phobia makes me think I'm next (if that makes any silly sense) The derealization feeling is what keeps my anxiety going. I am now trying to just ignore it a little so maybe it will go away. I'm confident that this medicine will work and I'll be feeling better hopefully soon. I'm on sertraline 50mg and have been on it for a week and 3 days. I also was prescribed buspar today to help with the anxiety. I've taken one and so far I haven't felt any anxiety so that's a good sign!

• Posted

Does you derealization feel like , when you go outside you feel strange? I cannot put my finger on it but my perspective seems worry some when i look at things around me, maybe it's my anxiety thinking that everything is a threat... i hate feeling this way...

• Posted

Yes when I go outside it seems worse! When I come inside it feels that way too but I feel more dizzy. I hate this feeling also!
    • Posted

I guess it is anxiety than after all, hoping it will all go away along with anxietyy
  • Posted

I have same symptoms like you always feeling that die now or falling down now wake up at night with fainting n feel passes away now did you also feel like that n r u take any medicine
    • Posted

I would wakeup with a panic attack many nights, as if I would jump in the middle of the night that waking me up... i got perscribed prozac by my regular doctor but im not taking it because i feel like my psychatrist would have more knowledge on what medicine to give me. I started taking St.John's wort.... maybe that will eventually help, its over the counter

• Posted

Several deaths in a short period of time would upset anyone Pat. You will be confused and upset, you need to try and relax and move on

Both people are not really related although sometimes that does not matter especially when Deaths are rare, then two arrive together.

With regard to your Boyfriend you need to be there for Him, He will want to talk out His loss. Also He needs to relive the past with relatives and remember the good and bad times of His relationship with His Father

Is the Mother still alive and does He have any Siblings, He may need them to get through the sadness He may be feeling. Give support.

Your Friend is another matter, family members can forget or do not know who the friends are and can generally pass over friends feelings, an attendence at the funeral and attendence at the Wake are generally the only acknowledgement is all that is expected. Try and talk to people who knew the deceased and try an put the loss down to an experience we all need to go through throughout our lives.

Your negative feelings and sensations will be marked at this time, you will be feeling at a loss and possibly these losses are making you unerstand your own Mortality. You need to move on from your Depression and stress and understand part of our lives lead to our future deaths. 

We have no way to stop our death when they call at the Golden Gates we have the final Passport and we take the journey.

You can of course consider these peoples life is over as is any pain they had suffered. You will move on.

Keep a hold

BOB

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.