Panic attacks & hangovers

Posted , 5 users are following.

Just wanted to know if anyone else's anxiety gets worse if hungover! If so how do you cope I'm going crazy here thinking silly thoughts 😞

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi. Alcohol withdrawal causes panic attacks, anxiety and depression. If you are on antidepressants they won't work if you're drinking alcohol. This can last a few days. It's probably best not to drink but if you do there is no way to stop the after effects unfortunately. There are vit c supplements you can buy which help( not allowed to actually say which as will get moderated!) and eating, drinking lots of water helps you recover more quickly. So you have to weigh up the pros and cons. 

If you think you have a problem with alcohol though, you could go on the alcohol forum.

Best wishes to you x

• Posted

Not really a good idea to drink but as you did. Drink a large bottle of gatorade and eat two bananas. If your stomach is okay and its just anxiety now take a b complex vitamin and two handful of cashews or nuts. Throughout the day just keeo drinking water to flush everything out of you. After twenty four hours your meds will work again, if your not on any and have some xanax tommorrow ..take one if anxiety is still a mess. It will calm down. Dont drink anymore its really not worth feeling so crappy. Maybe stay with just some red wine which is calming. Tomato juice is a good drink as well to have a glass or two that will coat tour belly and its good for you.
  • Posted

Drinking affects the nervous system After a day when i drink my nerves get very un edge and my anxiety gets worse.
  • Posted

I've noticed drinking is an easy thing to do when you.feel like this and it gets.bad becuse when I drink.I still think my thoughts and feel the same so them makes me keep on drinking and drinking then in the morning am in a really bad way so I have just stopped but when you do you feel like you have to drop everything because how you feel if you get that way find a hobby and if.you.have a really bad hangover the best way to help it.is two pain killers and a few bananas and lots of water or any pure drinks get a lode of vits
  • Posted

Oh I know the feeling only too well, its torture, the aftermath after drink but what are you meant to do put your life on hold!! I find taking a relaxant the next day like Xanax or Valium and plenty of water and a good sleep the night after

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.