Panic attacks. Irrational over clothes

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had a panic attack yesterday morning after being overly stressed. I didnt go into my placement work until late because of this.

Now today, i wasnt overly stressed. But my thoughts latched onto my clothes and i have had another panic attack and every t shirt i put on, im freaking out more because i feel like a fool. Once again i havent gone into placement work.

Im freaking out more as i have actual work in a couple of hours and i need to shake this off.

The place i work is the same place i do my placement and so i feel like a fool because of my avoidance there.

Now i cant stop the racing thoughts and its driving me crazy

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Claire,

roll a snow flake down a hill it becomes a snowball that if you try to stop it, it will flatten you. Catch the snowflake beforehand and it just melts away. When you get up sit, breath, calm your mind and then plan your day, see yourself doing what needs to be done. Chose your clothes the night before and stick to it. Beauty is not in the clothing it is in your smile, your posture and your actions. Anxiety likes to make snowballs and watch you fail, but anxiety does not like those who catch snowflakes. Peace and love

David

• Posted

I have been alright the past 2 days thank you, well no panic attacks at least smile hopefully they stay away now
    • Posted

Just keep calm and steady like I said above, don't get complacent otherwise you might slip back. Your amazingly strong and determined you can do this 🙏😀

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.