Panic Attacks, Lightheaded, Breathing/Heart Issues

Posted , 4 users are following.

Last month, during a particularly stressful job, I suddenly experienced these intense bursts of panic. I've never had panic/anxiety attacks before. It felt like I was about to have an aneurysm, stroke, or pass out, or who knows. Scared the crap outta me.

The job's been over for weeks, and I'm not under much stress, but I still get them. Gotten blood work, CT scan, and everything's normal. Cholesterol & BP totally fine.

I can't deduce any pattern to these episodes. They seem to be random, except for night time; they almost always pop up when I try to sleep. My heart starts pounding (not fast, just intense), and I get over-sensitive to my breath rate... like if I breathe at the wrong time, my heart will skip a beat. After a burst of panic my feet tingle (adrenaline?).

Oh, and it'll always happen when I'm driving on freeways, so I have to take surface streets.

Anyways I'm getting a 24-hour heart halter on Monday, so we'll see if anything turns up. Anyone else experience what I'm going through? Thanks in advance.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Yes your symptoms are very common with anxiety and stress.

ive has all of your symptoms plus many more!

Pounding heart due to the heart sending out adrenaline when you are feeling anxious.

Anxiety attacks are random usually.

The key is to learn how to manage your anxiety. And to relax your mind.

There are great meditations on you tube for your anxiety, stress, Overthinking, sleep etc 

I lay down at night with earbuds and listen to them. I end up falling asleep.  

Theres short meditations for proper breathing with anxiety too. 

Counseling helps also.

Remember that symptoms related to anxiety won’t hurt you, they just feel weird.

Your halter monitor test will most likely be normal.  ??🙂

• Posted

Thanks for the response, that does make me feel better. I have the Calm app on my phone, I should probably start using that again. Never been to therapy before, but I'm considering it if all the tests come back normal.

• Posted

Yep Ive been through the same thing. The thing with anxiety is once you get it your prone to get it again. 

It is a mind game in a way. You basically think yourself into problems. Because of this you cant solve your anxiety by "thinking yourself out". 

The longer you deal with the anxiety the more you will see the falseness of it. 

Hope this helps atleast a little, 

Andrej 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.