Panic disorder

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hey new to this. Have had panic disorder for years now and still can't seem to understand the way they come from no where. I take anti anxiety meds but that's just a bandaid to the root of panic. The real problem is the Depersonalizing that's scary and the skin on fire. I train Brazilian jiu-Jitsu and it helps but I have been on fire lately with panic attacks and just thinking negative almost as if I'm looking for the panic to arrive. The mornings are the worst music helps but sometimes I wake up middle of nigt like I ran a marathon skin on fire mind racing heart flying and have to eat a benzo to calm down then next day I'm scared that it's gunna happen again at night then don't wanna sleep or I wake up and almost wait for it. 

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Phil. Have you had any type of therapy or counselling?  You may find it helps to talk through everything and try to get to the root of the problem.  I spent years panicking and avoiding things to keep myself safe and it wasn't until I went to my third counsellor/therapist that I found someone I connected with and we sorted my problems out.  If you're waking up panicking it seems like it's something your subconscious is dealing with so a therapist might be able to help you uncover what it is.
    • Posted

I haven't had counseling. I just try to keep a good thought process but it's hard because I think about my disorder more than I should. The dream feeling I get and symptoms of oanic disorder sucks !
  • Posted

Hi,

have you read the medical notes with your medication for side effects. The burning skin may well be one so see a dr once you have checked it out.

Richard

• Posted

Yes my dr said it's normal feeling when having an attack I'm on Xanax and lexapro and no side affects at all 
  • Posted

I notice every time I get a panic attack it feels like

I'm on fire but dr said it's normal. And no have not had counseling yet anything preferred. Psychotherapy or regular therapy? Thanks guys and gals means a lot to hear from you ! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.