Panic Disorder, and OCD.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Pleases give advice, I have panic disorder which has turned into harm OCD I believe. The panic attacks make me feel like I am going crazy, which makes the horrible thoughts pop up. I have been on propranolol and Zoloft for about a week now, I just need some reassurance that I am not going crazy. I feel very alone in this. 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

You are not alone!!!! I've had panic attacks and actually just had one a month ago!!!

Then was off ever since!!

Soo I'm back on my meds and it's been 3 weeks! Feeling better and feel like I can control my thoughts and anxiousness better but it takes time and sometimes the meds won't kick in full until 4-8 weeks!

Hang in there!! I totally understand!! Feel ill, shaky and dizzy. Always thinking something is seriously wrong!

But.... When you get feeling like this it will pass and just remind yourself you will be ok and breath smile

• Posted

Thank you very much for the support. Yesterday night was horrible. But I got through it, I'm glad to hear you're doing well as well. smile 
  • Posted

Hi Danny, I also have panic attacks so I truly sympathise.The intense anxiety is worst for me. You say you've been on propranolol and zoloft for just a week...are you meaning that you are feeling worse since being prescribed these or just needing reassurance on your panic attacks? The self harm (is that what you mean by harm OCD) could be to try to release the feelings of going crazy, but you are not and you're not alone as you'll find out here.  If you're saying you've been worse after being on the meds for a week, the propranolol may calm you down but Zoloft may make you worse before you feel better (if it suits you) so give it a few weeks (usually 2)
    • Posted

Hii! And the Zoloft gives me horrible anxiety. It lasted all day yesterday after I took it, thank you for the advice. Today is a tad better. Hope your day's going well. (:
  • Posted

When you first experience panic attacks it does feel like you are going crazy I was convinced I was I learnt over the years not to question why I had them just to accept them and not fear them once you can master that which is extremely difficult but possible life will get easier

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.