Panic! Help! Diazepam with red wine vinegar

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi I took a 2mg diazepam at 8.30 this morning as I'm in aright state today with my anxiety, anyway I bought a ready meal as I wasn't up for cooking ate it and then read it had red wine vinegar in now I'm panicking that it could affect me as I took Valium this Morning help I'm freaking out!

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

I think you'll be fine your not supposed to take alcohol with anxiety pills or any kind of pills for that matter. I know u didn't know but don't stress you'll be fine...

• Posted

I don't drink alcohol at all but something made me read the ready meal pack and freaked out when I see it had red wine vinegar in it and I forgot to add I had 2 paracetamols a couple of hours before!!!! I'm so anxious right now

• Posted

Unless it is a salad dressing, anything with alcohol usually has the booze cooked out. Things like red wine vinegar, cooking sherry, any wine in a recipe.

if the vinegar is in a single portion of salad dressing, you would not have gotten enough to make a difference. I wouldn't worry about it anymore. But, do pay attention to lables.

• Posted

I want to add that the above is true unless you are allergic to alcohol.
    • Posted

Thanx cia42277 it was an ingredient in a marks and spencer pasta sauce i think my anxiety is at a high today I will defo pay attention from now on thank u
    • Posted

You are welcome. In a pasta sauce the wine when used is put in early. The alcohol would be cooked off. They would not take a chance of it not being, as children and seniors eat their food. You are fine, Honey. Very wise of you to check, Carlie.
    • Posted

It wasn't even pure wine it was red wine vinegar and I had paraecomtol. I over reacted I feel much calmer now and your defo right they wouldn't risk it crazy what anxiety does to us

• Posted

I have dual diagnosis of being an alcoholic with anxiety.  I've mixed so many pills with booze it's unbelievable.  That is without cooking!  When I quit drinking I'd use wine and beer to cook with many different things.   It gives your food a flavor but cooks out the effect of alcohol. I make shrimp with beer and chicken with red wine.  I did this for 11 years while I was sober.  

Save your anxiety on this one.  I promise you there's no harm done smile  

• Posted

Oh my gosh,I think you'll live. Please don't freak out. You will be fine. 2mg is a very sm dose. Does that help you, and are you on a antipressant besides. Curious.

• Posted

Hi Kimberly no it doesn't do much I still feel anxious the doc has now given me lozepam and fluoxetine I was anxious last time I was taken the fluoxetine doc took me off of it wish I stuck it out now but I'm back on them starting today

• Posted

2mg diazapam to me personally has no effect whatsoever . I can't notice any difference whatsoever. 10mg makes me slightly less anxious, it depends on your tolerance level, the same as alcohol. When I had some serious dental work done, I wanted a GA, but the dentist explained I would have to have it done in hospital and the waiting time was at least 6 months.

He prescribed 1 20mg diazapam tablet to be taken an hour before my appointment. However I was still worked up and ended up with a 10mg tablet as well. The dentist was amazed that after that amount it didn't really help much. People react differently . However I think it's safe to say 2mg diazapam with the ready meal will cause no problems. If you were taking Antabuse then that's a different scenario. Stop worrying!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.