Panic in sleep

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have had anxiety for some time now and usually affects me in the day time when I'm out mainly however last night I woke up in a panic gasping for air.. after a few seconds this stopped but I then went in to panic attack mode.. is this something others have experienced?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I have experience this often and it's very frightening. I just tell myself it's not real, count backwards and go back to sleep.

• Posted

Yes last night... I went all cold and for ab 20 mins my heart wouldn't stop beating so fast & strong.. the palpitations were so strong I was trying everything to not let it consume me again... I am having them more and more frequent now, I'ts like my body is locked in a permanent panic mode ... The more you try to focus on your breathing the more scary it is isn't it?

• Posted

Were you dreaming when this happened, if this is the case and you can remember your dream you may be able to relate to that dream and then you can understand the dream was not real, so forget about it

I had a dream like that three days or so ago. I was awaking at my home at the normal time and a quiet voice told me the country was been attacked and the voice said to prepare for a missile attack, I jumped out of bed and understood it was a dream. I had been on You Tube the night before watching the news in the USA, regards Obama and Soros and WW3. When I related to both report and dream it seemed obvious I was reliving the USA news report. I have now learned my lesson and read a book before bed, preferrably a picture book with no nasty story lines

B.

• Posted

Yes this happens. You dream as well so this can and does occur.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.