panic then euphoria

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all

I've suffered from anxiety and depression for many years and am in therapy. I just wanted to ask if others feel like I do. I go through extended periods of feeling really detached and anxious, months with no break, things feel really bad. Then suddenly last night I had a bad panic attack. It seemed to come in waves. It would last a few minutes then fade and I'd feel great, then another wave would hit. Once it passed, I feel great, tired but really a bit euphoric. Does this sound familiar?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Yep!!! Totally been there!! And actually going through it right now!!!!

Panic attacks suck!!!

Are you going through any stress right now? Are you on meds?

• Posted

Yes a lot of stress at the mo. Things have been bad for a while now. No meds for me, just therapy
  • Posted

yes... mine are always this way.  it builds all day or even for 2 days... sometimes like you say, you feel anxious all the time.   for me it's never been months, but I've had days even day after day, after day. but yes it comes in waves when the attack hits and then you're so tired and so exhausted and when it's over you feel a huge relief.  Which lasts for about 4 or 5 hours because you immediately begin self checking your body for symptoms again, as soon as you feel good.

It's a vicious cycle, it doesn't end and it's not fair for this to be the life people with anxiety disorders live.

• Posted

Hey

I feel you. Ive been homebound for 4mths now because I constantly feel detached from my surroundings and myself therefore I feel more strange if I was to leave the house. But I also have panic, agriphobia and dp and dr.

It sucks I dont know how to get out of this its constant 24/7 even when im not freaking out with anxiety and panic I still feel weird like not real.

• Posted

I know how you feel.  Night time is the hardest, because when everyone else is sleeping you're left awake with your own thoughts.  which most times go something like this... "is everything ok? oh dear I have a gas bubble in my side that just moved, maybe it's cancer, why am I so tense, ok stop being so tense, ok what can I do right now to relax, oh sh*t, I just felt my adrenaline go, oh no, not this again.  ok, here come the shakes, why does this keep happening, maybe I'm diabetic and they missed it on my last 5 tests, what if i'm going into a coma, no one will know I need help. Oh man, now I'm sweating, mybe if i run on the spot. please don't die, please don't die... ok, i feel better.  i think.  wait a second let me check all my vitals a million times and think about everything I ate all day that maybe set this off.... "
  • Posted

I feel the same iv had a couple attacks when I go out and around ppl so now I stay in ma room And rarely leave since I was around 14 15 im 17 now
  • Posted

Im 17 too and recently have been experiencing these episodes of incredibly intense feelings of anxiety fear, and hopeless ness it is getting worse to the point where on an average day i have maybe 9-10 of these periods of anxiety i have as of yesyerday started seeking help for this as it is getting in the way of everything i feel uncomfortable speaking to friends and family. its clearly obvious to everyone around me that something is wrong but i dont want to tell anyone in my family as they have there own problems id rather tell the support worker guy my problems as it is his job to care
  • Posted

Im 17 too and recently have been experiencing these episodes of incredibly intense feelings of anxiety fear, and hopeless ness it is getting worse to the point where on an average day i have maybe 9-10 of these periods of anxiety i have as of yesyerday started seeking help for this as it is getting in the way of everything i feel uncomfortable speaking to friends and family. its clearly obvious to everyone around me that something is wrong but i dont want to tell anyone in my family as they have there own problems id rather tell the support worker guy my problems as it is his job to care

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.