Panic upon wake up

Posted , 8 users are following.

I was not wanting to jinx myself but yesterday felt “alright”.  Had moments but went for a long walk etc 

This morning - well first terrible sleep, woke at4am. Headache like crazy major panic attack  and my teeth hurt from clenching my jaw.  

I’m trying so hard to accept that this is just how it is right now.  Courage to get through those moments.  We can do it. 

I’m having trouble getting enough food into my body.  So frustrating. I just want my appetite back and not be nauseaous.   Along with many other wishes.   It will all come with patience and time.  Patience and time. 

Today I believe I hit my 6 week mark 

How is everyone else hanging in there? 

Mel 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Mell. Woke up the same exact way. Week 6 for me.  My teeth also hurt from clenching my jaw. I fell asleep and woke up 3 seperete times for an hour and every time I went back to sleep and woke up panic, fear, dizzy. 

I lost my apetite again with the upped dose. I’m not get barely any food so that makes things worse to but I know it’s the Prozac. We just have to wait it out. Easier said then done as I type this. Right there with you. 

• Posted

We can do it! Let’s get through today!   

Later we may feel somewhat normal! 

• Posted

Mel I am so sorry you are suffering. My fifth week was awful but the 6th week was much better. I hope it will be the same for you. You must eat, and eat the right things. Prozac needs food. Most of your serotonin is created in the gut. I ate small bowls of oats, walnuts etc at start when I couldn't it.

The Prozac headache shows it is rewiring your brain. That will pass too. I had that big time. I still have the insomnia. Wishing you strength to get through today. It's a hard path but it leads to full recovery.

• Posted

Hi ya Mel .. I feel for you, as I know what it’s like to feel crap, I’m 8mts  in to Prozac and now on 60mg... I feel a lot calmer now days, and don’t think what tomorrow is going to be like, as I know 🤞 that I’ll be ok, yeah I may have a blip now and again, but I’m going through the menopause, so my body doesn’t know if it’s coming or going lol.. I watched and listen to Dom and Tina on here over the days and month, and saw them go from struggling and wanting to give up, to slooooowly getting there, and it is slow!!!that’s the problem with Prozac, but once it kicks in, it works ( for me ) uv come this far now, try and keep your chin up, and go on, as if you stop now, then just think uv got to start all over again on  another med, and you may feel the same as Prozac, you will get there, IF you carry on, each day is a closer to you feeling good again, good luk to you, keep talking on here, we are all here to listen and advise the best we can, 🤗x

• Posted

This is how it works.  When I recovered I started having those glimpses of feeling ok yet every morning I'd wake with anxiety and panic.  Those glimpses came back and they will or you.

It took me 6 months to recover and those glimpses of normality grew as the weeks went by - but every day for 6 months I'd have that early morning anxiety, but every evening I'd feel well.  That grew more into my day as the weeks passed until one day I woke and it had gone.  I had no more anxiety during the day.

During those 6 months I'd still get setbacks / blips when I felt dreadful, but knowing this was all part of the recovery process I'd carry on and sure enough those glimpses returned.

Count recovery in months, not weeks.  There'll be many ups and down along the way mixed in with those little glimpses.  Know that, accept that and just keep going.  It'll happen for you.

K x

• Posted

Thanks everyone. 

I’m dizzy today which is new.   

I am eating ... maybe not quite enough but I consider it a glorious thing when I get a meal into my system. 

I can’t afford to lose any more weight.  Im so cold all the time.  

It’s just frustrating when you have an ok day and then boom next day back to CRAP 

I have a psychologist apt later today. I think I’m nervous about it but shouldnt be.  

Im seeing a private psychologist and then the free one outpatient at the hospital.  This one today is much better for me I feel so maybe I will leaving feeling very hopeful 

Going to get into the shower now. 

Thanks everyone.  How are you all doing xx

• Posted

Hi mell i am 11 weeks tomorro and only taking 10mg prozac. I am waking up about 4 tines oer night in a state if ianic then i cant get bk to slp fir hrs. I an thinking if weening off prozac for this reason xxx
  • Posted

I’m 6 weeks in on Monday and I’m starting to see some improvement, insomnia is still a shocker but I’m starting to feel hungry, even if I can only eat a spoonful of cereal. I’m starting to feel less anxious in the morning and calmer earlier in the day around 5pm rather than 7pm) I had a terrible time Monday and Tuesday of this week but hold on because it looks like you hit the floor before you start to come back up. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.