Panic waves lasting 24 hours

Posted , 6 users are following.

Has anyone ever experienced waves of panic attacks last over a day yesterday I had panic attack at work and haven't felt right since brining on more attacks I feel so drained now but I can't seem to relax my self to get some rest . I've just started taking ad,s again so don't know if my highend anxiety are side affects or I've just convicted my self I'm having them ?

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sorry your feeling bad

Sometimes AD's make you worse before you get better.

When my anxiety first started it went on for days at a time I used to just crawl into bed.

Now I still get bad attacks but I try and keep busy and that takes my mind of the attacks so then they dont last so long.

Maybe go back to your doctor and get some test done

Anxiety sucks stay strongbiggrin

• Posted

Hi,

I'm going through something similar right now, so I feel for you and you're not alone. I have had this happen before, and it eventually relents. I''ve also just started a new AD and it shoots my anxiety through the roof. I found that Effexor and Zoloft both made me feel extremely on edge 24/7. I don't know if to continue with it or stop taking it. Talk to your doctor and see if the meds are right for you. 

• Posted

Thanks everyone I've been on ad,s before and can't remeber feeling this bad on them. I've only been taking them 4 days and know it can take weeks before feeling better
  • Posted

Yes. Those take the body a while to calm down. Yes can be a side effect as well. 
  • Posted

Sometimes i feel panic for 2 days straight until i relax
  • Posted

Anti depressants may cause anxiety. Anxiety is sort of loop of negative thoughts and emotions. The more your reject it the more panic it creates. 

Please try progressive muscle relaxation exercises to calm the mind down.

Take care

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.