Panick attack

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi Ladies after more reassurance. My period started last night and this morning I feel terrible but can't rally explain why and driving to work all I kept thinking that there was something serious wrong and gave myself a panick attack at work typing this feeling all shaky please help x

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Donna , you have my sympathies ,panic attacks are dreadful ,I am the expert ,but one thing you must know is that whilst they feel awful ,they won't harm you ! There is nothing wrong with you physically ,it is the powerful mind taking over ,I have just had a spell of depression / anxiety attacks and was signed off work for a few days ,first time ever ! One thing I do know is that there is nothing physical wrong with me ,actually worry more that I am losing my mind ( which is scary ) it will be your hormones that are causing this , I usually find that around the time of my period my anxiety levels are greater ! Just please reassure yourself that there is nothing wrong with you ,and hopefully it will have passed by the time you read this ! Take care ,you are not alone by any means ! Sarah x
  • Posted

P.s take some deep breaths and really try to focus your mind on something else , the power of distraction can be really helpful ! 
  • Posted

Thank you I have had alot of anxiety before but this one has hit me out of the blue went to bed last night feeling okish new my period was on its way but never expected this when I woke. x
  • Posted

Hi Donna

Ha yes i think i can vouch for everyone here, we all get THAT feeling.  I have learnt to recognise what it is now and it is much easier doing that.  I am 50, diagnosed (finally) peri menopausal by doctors whilst on a mamoth 8 day period (never had that before), been coming on for 3 days  for the past 2/3 years.  I have had panic attack etc, really bad anxiety, it freaked me out then as i did not really contribute it to being peri menopausal at the time, and thought id seriously lost the plot.  I have always suffered bad PMT but this feeling i was getting was more of dread.  Horrible feeling.  I have read up on loads of stuff and since having to see GP re high blood pressure, again related to all this i believe.  Since then I have been taking Agnus Castus pill form, you can get liquid form, and magneisium, whilst i dont think i can completely get rid of the intense feeling the day before my period, it has been minimised. i have also been drinking green tea, which now i swear by, i have been monitoring myself and i have had absolutely no anxiety at all, and i am due on tomorrow and nothing feel fine, i highly recommend this even if you dont like the taste stick with it, it is worth it, i have a dog so walk regularly i think this has helped me too.  Hope this helps.

• Posted

Hi Donna

It's awful when it happens, but here is what practical thinhs help me:

1) Accept hormones are causing it

2)realise it will pass

3)if you have a panic attack first do a big sigh out to breathe out and them tale a deep breath and hold your breath for the count of 4 then repeat

4) tell yourself it is only a panic attack and will not hurt or harm you.

Feel better soon

Sydney mum

• Posted

Thank you all for help and support im really grateful starting to feel abit more human now x
  • Posted

Hi Donna

Panic attacks are scary because I have them plus a lot of anxieties. Worring can make anxieties go up. my boyfriend tells me not to worry to much or I will throw myself into a panic attack or have anxieties. 

Try not to worry that something is wrong when it isn't Pray to God he will fix things

• Posted

Hi Donna,I m the same as you and all the other ladies on here,my nerves are shattered,I have panic attacks daily,I have bought the mindfulness app,I ve only used for a few days but it's helping bit re me down from the attacks,it gets you to focus on your breathing,you can even do a short 3 minute one,it just helps your mind to relax,take care and try xx

• Posted

Hi Fudgeybear. I have downloaded that same app. It is really teaching me to relax. I am finding it quite helpful.
    • Posted

Hi, I m loving the app I only started three days ago and it's really helping me,I m pleased you re finding it helpful x
    • Posted

Yes. Even at night when I'm trying to go to sleep I find myself doing relaxing breaths to drift off.
  • Posted

I think that any time we skip a period or don't see one for a while and then get one, it makes us feel crazy. I guess it's because it had all that time to build momentum. I missed a period last month and it came on this month with a lot of muscle tension and migraines. I don't usually have rbese so it's been trying my nerves. These hormones can really wreak havoc on our bodies.
  • Posted

Hi Donna, I am new to all this too. Hope you are doing better today. Panic attacks are no fun. sad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.