panicking

Posted , 3 users are following.

So all morning been in agony with my back the doctors say i have nerve pain then my chest starts hurting i might add iv been sufferring chest pain on an off for 8 months 3 ecgs 2 xrays and blood work say its not my heart and possibly costochondritis. Anyway my chest started hurting and as it was quite bad im panicking iv read 1000s of things on heart attacks and 1000s of articles on costochondritis but still cant get my head around it.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

The more things you'll read online and the more you'll worry the worse your chest pain is going to get. Chest pain is a very common symptom of anxiety. You have had so many tests done to reassure yourself that your heart is fine- let yourself be reassured.
  • Posted

Hey Zoe,

Sorry you'very been suffering for so long. I too suffered with chest pain on and off for over a year the doctor kept saying it was a muscle which I then got diagnosed with costochondritis. It was great to finally have a diagnoses. Mines still been on and off but I have some really bad knots in my back which my chiropractor says could be causing that pain. If it is costochondritis it has to heal itself which means no heavy lifting because you'love re injure it. Mine flared up for ages because my son was only little so I couldn't not hold him.

I hope you feel better soon though it's a horrible thing to have and if you have anxiety it makes it worse!

• Posted

Thank you cassandra costo has been mentioned to me during 1 of my 4 visits to a&e but i thought because it doesnt hurt when i cough or raise my arms it couldnz be but as coincidence has it iv spoken to people on this site 2nite regarding costochondritis and a few more symptoms of mine seem to match up with costo sufferers. I also have a young baby of 11 months so i understand the difficulty of resting.
    • Posted

No worries they diagnose costo by pressing on your sternum (breastbones) and if they hurt then it's costo if it doesn't it could be more serious or the costo could have healed. Yes I have a 4 yo and a 1 yo so I know it's hard to rest I got it after my first son so now I'm familiar with it but it is still terrifying as hell!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.