Panicking again....

Posted , 7 users are following.

OK so I'm 5 weeks post tomorrow. I had  anterior, posterior and SSF surgery. I've still got a lump in there?!  The other day I was on the loo and absent mindly felt for a tampon string thinking that I had one in....obviously I didn't have, but it just feels like there is something in my vagina. I had a look this morning and there is a pink fleshy bump right at the entrance of my vagina..... has it failed, have I gone through the last 5 weeks for nothing? I can't do this again!  The bulge has been there since after the surgery and I say my consultant and he said it was just swelling but shouldn't it have gone by now?  Any advice would be much appreciated....

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Hello KJ. You are only 5 weeks post op so I wouldn't have expected the swelling to have gone by now. The string you felt is probably a suture that's started to dissolve and it's made it's way out through your vagina so please don't worry. This surgery is intensive and invasive therefore there's always a lot if swelling because of the delicate area around the pelvic floor. Keep resting, feet up when you can and listen to your body.
    • Posted

Hi matron welcome back I hope u had a good break , I'm now 19 weeks post op and still have a lump the same as kj is describing do u think this is normal or should it be gone by now do u think. X
    • Posted

It is normal jan. I remember mine took months to completely go down and funnily enough I've just had an Email regarding some work I'm involved with regarding post op advice/care following prolapse repair  and the swelling is one of the things the Urogynaecologists want mentioning as it can take a long time to subside.
    • Posted

Yes lovely you are back Matron ! Hope you had a lovely holiday xx
    • Posted

Hi Jan is the lump as big !? As I said mine is so much smaller than it was - but I can remember when I asked my consultant about it he just said that some of the lumps and bumps from the surgery may just be the new me !! It's obviously a whole lot better than how it was before lol X
    • Posted

It's not really big bunky it just feels the same type of feeling u would get if a tampon had slipped very uncomfortable. makes it hard to bend or sit. X
    • Posted

So glad u had g nice break matron, but boy have we missed u. X
    • Posted

Hi is it normal to feel a little sore at nearly 13 weeks x
    • Posted

Yes it is debra and you can expect some episodes of soreness until about 6 months post op. Healing takes time unfortunately x
  • Posted

Its early days hun, considering what you have go e through as

Matron has said 5 weeks is so early days.we really don't realise

What our bodies go through ad we see no wounds. Rest up and

Enjoy healing.it will all be worth it.just have to get thorough the

Difficult weeks after it.I have my ant repair in a month.I'm scared

To death lol.xxx

• Posted

If you read some old posts we all moan and worry about the 'lump'. I am 14 weeks post op and mine has pretty much gone now. Please don't worry 5 weeks is so early days - it does take a while for all the swelling to go down just keep taking it easy xx
  • Posted

Thanks for all of your replies - Seriously helpful and reassuring.  Welcome back Matron! I hope you had a fabulous holiday.  Ok so the lump is normal...phew!  I'm much more active now  - been going out for lunch and walks, its quite nice to be driven around for a change.  I've had no pain since week 2 - suddenly today I've woken up with pain down my right leg and buttock - just like after surgery!  Its not as severe but its definitely there - is this normal?  Or have I over done it?  I'm going into the office for a couple of hours today - and will be walking in with a limp!

• Posted

Yes thanks we had a lovely time. You've probably got a suture causing the buttock pain. Rest today with your feet up and take an anti inflammatory 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.