Panicking and worried. What should I do?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I just had some cereal today for breakfast as it's something easy and quick to make and eat as I was getting ready for work, my throat feels tight and it feels like the cereal I ate is caught in the middle of my throat, I can eat and drink just fine, but I'm feeling that sensation there, this happened to me the last time and I was panicking like crazy, I saw my ENT who did a endoscopy and checked my throat and said nothing was there and said it's my GERD and it will cause that sensation, even though nothing is really stuck. But I'm worried if I didn't chew enough since my throat just ended up making me swallow the cereal I was chewing on. I do suffer from health anxiety and I'm dealing with the middle of my throat making me want to choke and it's making me panic more. I just started taking Famotidine my doctor recommended, which he said will take awhile to heal my throat. Should I be worried or I should be fine?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

if you can eat, drink, breathe and talk you’re fine. It’s the anxiety and the Gerd that is causing you the panic. Slow everything down and relax in a chair. Practice your long slow deep breathing exercises breathing through your nose to the count of four and out through pursed lips (which is like if you were blowing out a candle,) to the count of five. Repeat this several times until you start to feel a little calmer. This will help you slow down your thinking and the anxiety.

give the medication some time to work. Everything‘s going to be OK! As a matter of fact there is a great relaxing meditation on YouTube called it’s OK. The lady has a very soothing voice. take care

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.