panicking now :(

Posted , 2 users are following.

I'm having a really bad panic and meltdown. I've had a biopsy on my cervix recently, came back ok but having treatment to remove some bad patches to prevent me from getting cervical cancer in the future. They think I have an infection ( waiting on results ) so on antibiotics for it. BT working myself up into a panic that something bad will happen to me. I'm sat on the sofa worrying myself sick. I'm just so paranoid and anxious something bad will happen and I will die. I'm finding it hard to explain what I'm feeling now. It's in realistic I know but I'm worried sick. 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

The same thing happened to my sister 4 years ago, and after they removed the "bad patches", she was fine. She's still alive and well without any further problems.

Just be glad you'll remove them and you don't have cancer. I know how you feel right now, and that's why I'm sharing my story with you.

You'll be fine!! 

Just try and relax (u must have heard this already).

• Posted

Thank you for the reply. That's really reassuring. I'm so glad she's fine bless her!

I think I'm just paranoid about the infection, I end up looking on the internet and diagnosing myself with so many things and totally petrify myself and think....what if ... I need to stop it.

I'm silly. Im lucky I've been screened and having treatment before it progresses any further. Thank goodness for the NHS !  

My daughters asleep in her bed. And my partners asleep in our bed and I'm still awake on the sofa googling stuff that's making me panic. I really am silly. I started writing a letter to take my mind of things and put on some easy watch TV. 

Hope you're well and thanks again for reply smile

• Posted

I also feel terribly guilty that I worry so much and talk on here when so many other people are struggling with much harder situations rolleyes 
    • Posted

No, don't feel bad for venting here. It's not silly what you are going thorough. I used to be the same way and googled my symptoms all the time. There were nights when the kids and hubby were sleeping while I was crying on the phone, leaving messages late at night to my psychologist, explaining to her that I thought I was having cancer. 

In time, I learnt not too google anymore. Google is your worst enemy! It's not easy to stay away, I know. 

But you will get better in time.

Are u taking any meds?

• Posted

Thanks lovely. Sometimes its easier talking to someone who's not family isn't it.

Aw I hope you're ok now?

No, not on meds for anxiety, read to much about the side affects of them and has put me off. I've been offered but turned them down. Just started CBT so hoping it'll help but still unsure. How about you?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.