Panicking over appointment

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi there. I had my ovaries removed one month ago. I feel absolutely fine. Better than I have in a long time. My consultant said I would get results from test after 2 weeks but haven't heard anything. I was thinking no news is good news. Every test I had before removal was fine. I had a follow up letter for September but in the post today Iv had a letter telling me to see him tomorrow. I am now in a complete and utter panic. I rang his secretary but she couldn't tell me anything. I have got myself into a terrible state now.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Try not worry Pam, I was booked in around 2-3 weeks after surgery for results information. Maybe you've just been missed off and letter was sent out late but it's pretty standard to go in and get results from what I can gather. Mine turned out as borderline, however it was originally suspected malignant from my ultrasound and CT scan so I was ok with that result. Got myself into a terrible state with the waiting as well you're not alone!

If the tests before removal were fine then that's a good sign try focus on that. I understand how hard it is waiting for information though, try distract yourself as much as possible x

• Posted

Thank you for that. Yep all tests were fine before and after the op he said nothing looked suspicious but I'm still in panic mode now. I only had them removed because of family history. I had a cyst on right ovary but no symptoms only knew it was there because I was bleeding from a polpys which was fine as well. It's going to be a long 24 hours. Thanks for your reply
  • Posted

Have now found out that the ovary they removed is borderline. I'm so scared. What does this mean. Id appreciate any advice. Please
    • Posted

Hi Pam, don't be too frightened. I was told by my doctor that borderline isn't cancer if that helps. It however means there are some abnormal cells and they aren't entirely able to say it is benign is how he described it.

The doctor also advised if I'd had a full hysterectomy that'd be it and they wouldn't need to see me again. However as I kept an ovary they will monitor my remaining ovary every 6 months due to a small chance of recurrence.

Don't know if this helps. What did your doctor say about it?

• Posted

I'm seeing him tomorrow. Because my husband is a consultant he found out today why I needed to see him tomorrow. He told my husband my right ovary which they removed (they removed both) was borderline.
    • Posted

Hopefully they won't even need to do anything else in that case and you can get on recuperating. Good luck tomorrow, let me know how you get on x
    • Posted

Hi Sue. Just to let you know I went to my appointment. He said it's borderline and 98% certain these abnormal cells won't spread. Just to be sure going to have a ct scan and then have to wait for results. Only thing puzzling me is he said it was borderline not cancerous but then wrote stage 1c on my notes but hasn't given me a follow up for another year. Confused!! I feel a bit better though but will feel better when I have scan and get results

Thanks again for your advice

• Posted

Glad to hear you feel better. I think they do stage depending where it's found but I was told wasn't the same thing. I'd already had a CT scan because they thought mine was suspicious. Sure yours will be fine and you can relax, good luck x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.