pannic attacks while flying :(

Posted , 2 users are following.

Can anyone give me any tips or advice on how to relax or calm yourself whilst flying?

I am going to have a 2hours journey soon and I get verry worried and nervous about it as last time I was on the plane I felt anxious and I had a panic attack which lasted the whole time I was flyin very disturbing and embarassing because I went to the cabin crew members and asked for help.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Adrian, I'd simply suggest go to GP and get a a small supply of benzos liked diazepam and take about 15 mins before boarding.

If it's just for infrequent flying there's no risk of addiction and you'll only need one or two tabs yo see you through the flight.

Alternatives include rescue remedy, acupuncture, hypnosis, or just deep breathing exercises for the journey.

Neil 

• Posted

Put ear buds on and listen to meditation music.. Wearing sunglasses helped me to..
    • Posted

And I took ativan also helped alot
    • Posted

I havent tried the ear buds, but I hope they will help with the dizziness I get from the air pressure

I had some ear problems in the past and I think it can be triggered again.

I have some Xanax which I havent used becausse of the possibble addiction and  I am trying not to stick on tablets. Thanks for your advice Tonya

• Posted

Try over the counter anitvert.. Its for dizziness and is not addicting.. I've used this to fly before to. It makes ya a Lil sleepy but it helps with motion sickness. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.