1)Surgery only option to cure this hernia (or) any exercise to do cure

2)which one surgey for best open (or) laparascopic surgery

Waiting for earliest reply Thanks in advance

Regards

Kannan

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

First off, I am not a medical professional, nor is anyone else in this forum. The forum is for patients who have had hernias, and people who are looking for answers to questions from people that have gone through the experience.

Regarding your question, I would have the surgery. I had a para-umbilical hernia repair. My hernia was reducible, meaning I could easily push it back in. but it always popped back out (a weird feeling).

I had no pain and was considering a watchful waiting protocol but my doctor said that the risk is that these hernias are very small and there is a chance that it could be strangulated which would cut off blood supply to the protruding intestine creating a major problem.

All of my Internet searches said the same and recommended surgery.

Your next question should be whether to use mesh or not. Some doctors use mesh and some do not. I think most use the size of the hernia to make the decision. Mine was closed without mesh because it was very small.

Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.