Paracetamol Cookies

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi Everyone,

My youngest (just 5) had an operation yesterday on his 'boyhood' leaving him with stitches on his scrotum and in his groin. Anyway he is in a lot of pain but still refusing all medicine. In the hospital it had to be given through a drip taking over an hour! I've tried hiding his painkillers in yoghurt, milkshakes, chocolate spread and juice but he notices after the first mouthful and vomits- which in itself is causing more pain. So..........thinking of baking some triple choc cookies or cupcakes for him and mixing in his medicine in the hope he won't notice. Does anyone know if the paracetamol will still be effective after it has been baked please?

Very cheeky I know, but hoping for quick replies please.

Thanks in advance.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

hiya yukkymummy cheesygrin

ooooooooo you sneaky so and so lol, but your plan is flawed im afraid, any excess heat or moisture decreases the effectiveness of paracetamol and many other drugs and in certain conditions can change the chemical composition of the drug making it dangerous, so its a no no, a bit like one of baldricks plans eh lol, royal fail rolleyes

now for plan B cheesygrin

cheers,

Ken ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Posted

Thanks for your reply...........maybe you should be psychoCHEF? Will continue to try alternative flavour milkshakes and yoghurts in the hope of finding a 'tasty' cocktail that he will consume and retain.
  • Posted

Hopefully not too late for a plan B: Liquid paracetamol or ibuprofen solution in a plastic syringe. It's more fun than a tablet if he will take it himself (strawberry flavour? orange?) and you can probably squirt it down his throat yourself before he gags! Plan C?: The soporific effect of TV. I've had a vasectomy and a subsequent operation (yesterday) that has given me stitches down there again ... I think there's only so much that painkillers can do when even a 5 year-olds "maleness" is dented in that way! Time is the best healer! Good luck.
  • Posted

Thanks for your comment- unfortunately it's the children's liquid versions that he only has to see and he vomits! Coping without medication now, because after I tried to hide his medicine in a chocolate milkshake the after effect was not too enjoyable. The girl in the Exorcist film would have been proud of the eruption!!!!
  • Posted

I'm sure you will look back and laugh!!!

Have never known a reaction like that to the gloop!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.