Paracetamol overdose few weeks back

Posted , 4 users are following.

After stupidly taking so many put myself in hospital with antidote and saline solution. Now I've noticed I'm completely dry over all drinking alot of liquid but still feel so dry and mucus out my nose is very little or clumpy in a white sort very sticky. Throat is dry and sore still and everything else still dry aka lack of mucus just thick bits that barely appear. Not sure what to do anymore with myself I'm eating and drinking... And doing something's but otherwise stuck. Liver came bsck going to normal but dryness feels like it's forever ????

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

You really need to talk to your GP about this. It really is down to what you have done to your liver through the paracetamol overdose. Hopefully you are also getting counselling for it.
    • Posted

Yes I am. Livers gotten better no pain but dryness persists.
    • Posted

Are you having ongoing tests for your liver, such as ultrasound?
    • Posted

My liver is getting bsck to normal as I phoned and another test in 2 months
  • Posted

Yea you need to go and see your GP and get councelling, long term effects of a paracetamol overdose can need treatment depending how many you took.

I hope this is the start of a whole new life pattern for you.

Trying to take your life whether it was a conscious thought or a cry for help needs to be taken seriously, make an appointment Monday and ask for help, non of us can get through life without it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.