Paragard IUD ok to get?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I know hormones can affect lichen sclerosus, but the paragard is hormone free... is this ok to get?

i read that steroid creams affect condoms and cause them to thin/break. im not looking for that to happen!

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I dont think anyone puts the steroid cream on before intercourse....
    • Posted

if you put it on at night... then go to bed... then..... yea...it is applied before intercourse.
    • Posted

To be honest, we discuss if we are having sec before I goop up for the night. I am not taking a chance of my husband getting a steroid that is 8000 or is it 9000 x stronger than hydrocortisone on his parts or lips/ in his mouth. I don’t know what it could do to him. After we have sex I clean up in the bathroom, then apply my steroid and moisturizer, then go to bed. 
  • Posted

Hi Always Somethin,

I have a copper IUD, also known as Paragard. Have you had an IUD before? It has a few pros and cons! Happy to discuss if you need a discussion.

K

• Posted

Thank you for responding to my paragard question!!!!

I have never had an iud.  I had tried to get one 6 months ago but the dr couldn’t get the sounding device in. So I was thinking about trying it again with my new doctor.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.