parahippocampal atrophy?

Posted , 4 users are following.

my mri ten years ago showed this type of atrophy. i have no symptoms though. what could it mean? the doctor is unsure.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I'm presuming this was a brain MRI you had done, what was the reason for doing this

• Posted

There's lots of information on the internet but I suggest you ask your primary GP to refer you to a neurologist where you should get a proper explanation.

• Posted

my neuro is unsure. the info on the internet says dementia or schizophrenia. I dont have any of these two.ten years now they shouldve showed up. im not even 35 yet
  • Posted

In 10 years:

no symptoms = no worries!

Forget about the MRI and enjoy your life.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.