Paralysed legs

Posted , 4 users are following.

Morning everyone, so aswell as my CFS I have been suffering severe anemia for 11 months now, some morning when I wake up my legs feel completely numb and heavy like I'm paralysed, this can stay for 5 mins to 5 hrs, im just wondering if this has happened to anyone else it's very scary for me.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Yes. This happens to me all the time. Sometimes when I walk, my legs feel so heavy it's almost like I can barely lift them.

• Posted

Hi Jolene,

I have lots of leg issues myself. My legs sometimes lock and i walk like I'm wearing callipers. Sometimes i can't get up myself and need help. sometimes i crawl upstairs. Sometimes i have to lift one leg to cross it over the other. They can shake, feel like they will give way, have given way, are in so much pain i feel i will pass out. Can get restless legs, spasms that make them jump on their own or just ache for no reason.

Best remedy i feel is rest. When we do too much with this condition it affects the whole system. I had a back injury and sometimes feel I'm not sure which is cfs/me or that

my leg issues are due to that. Be gentle on yourself and if you feel you can, massage the calves a little. Mine get so stiff now. It relaxes other areas too.

Beverley

• Posted

Yes, I agree with the other two replies, but also I find that a magnesium spray used by athletes for muscle aches and pains may sometimes help or you might like to try an epsom salt bath. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.