Paranoia

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello everyone, I collapsed September 2017, was rushed into hospital where I had ct scan, I was told I had multiple blood clots, legs, spleen, kidneys, bowels and heart. I spent two weeks in critical care where I was not allowed to move, I’m now on warfarin for life!! 7 months on and i really struggle with exhaustion, is this normal? I have chest pains, back pains and still struggle to walk a few metres, is that normal, I’m also very paranoid thinking every ache or pain and I’m going to die, is that normal!!  Can anyone help me out 😩😩😩

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Paulette,

Whilst I had a fair few clots, my clots were limited to the lungs. I can’t imagine what it must feel like to have them all over the place....

On the recovery side - I was still pretty limited 7 months on, so I don't think you are abnormal. Just harder hit than many, so it will take a while. Also, anxiety is a very common side effect/symptom of PEs. Most on here have suffered it at one time or another.

I reckon your body has a lot of healing to do, so it will take a while. You also have had the worst of it and the coldest and darkest part if the year, so the forthcoming longer and warmer days should help.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that spring/summer will bring a measurable improvement for you.

All the best

Peter

• Posted

Thank you for your response, it’s comforting to know I am not the only one in this awful situation!! I really hope that the warmer months ahead help with the healing process ! I just want to be who I was before, I hope you feel better soon 
  • Posted

Hi again,

Thank you for your kind wishes. I fear I may have unwittingly misled you when I said I was still struggling 7 months after I had my PEs.

It is actually two and a half years since I had them and I am much recovered.

Recovery was a long process, but steady. At 6 months I was not great, at 12 months there was a marked improvement. After 18 months I was able to walk regularly and after 24 months, I could do most things that I used to. Maybe not back to normal, but a decent “new normal”.

Things that seem to impact my lungs are chemicals, dust, cold and stress. All seem to cause inflamation and discomfort. 

Other than that, I would never have believed I could have got here 2 odd years ago, when I could barely walk across the room.

Hope the information helps.

Peter

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.