Paranoia with depression

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was officially diagnosed with depression December 2012.. Many triggers seemed to effect me such as work which I have no left to start a new job but another big problem I am having is trust issues. The most silly thing can get my mind over thinking silly things about my partner (who is very supportive with the whole thing). I end up getting myself in to such a state over silly things where I over think and end up convincing myself that he is with me through pity, will find someone better and all sorts. Any one else had similar experiences? This puts me into my "black bubble" mood as I like to describe it where I feel worthless, upset , negative etc for a good half hour / hour before it passes again and then I feel stupid for getting worked up..

Any similar experiences ??

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

yes but mine last weeks at the time sometimes. It is awful and then one day I wake up and its gone. I don't understand it either but I have a lot more issues going on.
  • Posted

I think mine is due to past relationships. I was also on citolapram for around 5 months and chose to come off them and went cold turkey. Not a good idea to do. I was getting bad headaches with them though and paranoia seemed worse (I think) but since off them I've been even more emotional etc rolleyes can't really win :-/
  • Posted

Hi Tisha

These are called intrusive thoughts, these are the worst part of my anxiety, at the moment i am worried that because my husband needs his eyes tested they will find a brain tumour crazy eh xx

• Posted

Tisha,

I went off of abilify and lexapro and later lexapro and seroquil cold turkey and it was awful. I had hallucinations and paranoi. It only lasted a few days maybe a week and then I seemed fine for 3 or four weeks and then the depressions and anxiety and panic attacks have all come back. I cry again all the time for no reason.

• Posted

It's all very frustrating! My moods can come out of nowhere. Not sure I want to try more anti depressants though :S during my black bubble moments I feel so low and afterwards I feel so stupid. Xx
  • Posted

Claire I guess we think the worst in every situation , our brains go pop and think negatively for some strange reason x
  • Posted

Trisha, I know our brains can fool us. But try not to think negative about your partner until you get really big signs such as he wants to date others, leave you, excuses to argue etc. It sounds like he/she is a really understanding person so maybe you should give him/her the benefit of your doubt. Even if it is a pity thing, that proves he/she loves you. And in marriage they say in sickness and wellness you should keep your vow. Not that I say you should get married but its just a thought for what you are going through. Good luck to you and hope you feel better. And as far as work there was not many people I liked but as long as I did my job well I had the respect of others. So don't let that spook you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.