Paranoid about having worms

Posted , 2 users are following.

I don't know how to begin this. I'm a 17 year old male with no previous medical complications and I'm not on any medication. I live in Austria. A few weeks ago I noticed some kidney bean/sesame seed shaped white/yellowish objects in my stool, and some kind of white/yellowish string. This alarmed me and made me scour the internet for answers as to what it could be, thinking it is worms. However, I don't have any symptoms related to parasite infection, I am not losing weight, in fact I'm getting fatter, and it was the first time it ever happened in my life, everyone was telling me it might be from something I ate (I ate a bowl of grapes not 2 hours before I had a bowel movement back then), so I brushed it off. Until now.

I went to the toilet and noticed something else in my stool, some small, rice-sized yellow/white objects in my stool, who have a very small but noticeable tip. There were a lot of them in my stool. They were not moving, and they did not float in the water. This incident lead to me posting this.

I have no clue what this could be. I eat regularly, I have a regular sleep schedule, I don't require any medication and I haven't been eating undercooked food. Does anyone know what this is, or if it's worms at all? I've attached a picture that looks like the small objects, I don't know if it's the same thing.

Am I a hypochondriac? Do I have delusional parasitosis? Tapeworms scare the heck out of me and getting infected with them is the last thing I want.

Nevertheless, I'll be sure to consume a ton of garlic from now on.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.