Paranoid about touching handle in bathroom with bleeding cut on finger

Posted , 1 user is following.

I am feeling a bit paranoid. I have been moving things into a storage unit, and cut my knuckle. It was bleeding and I went to the bathroom. Not thinking, I ironically locked the door using my knuckle (trying to avoid germs) forgetting it was cut.

It's not the cleanest place in the world.

I immediately washed it, cleaned it with alcohol, and put a band aid with antibiotic cream on it when I got home (about 10 minutes later)

Should I be concerned about Aids or anything? I know it can't live outside the body very long. And I have no reason to believe there was blood on the door handle, but I don't know if at some point there could have been.

Thank you

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

To add some clarification, this was a scrape on my finger from rubbing up against a shelf while moving. It had actually healed over the day before, but rubbed up against something again right before the contact mentioned in my first post. It was bleeding, but it was maybe my first layer of skin, I don't know if it would be considered a deep cut

• Posted

Any help on this? not sure if anyone is seeing my posts

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.