Paranoid panic? Normal?

Posted , 7 users are following.

So I remembered now why my psychiatrist pinned bipolar on me. I only smoked weed one time in my whole life, I'm 29, and it was early last year, anyways I had a major panic attack, the only one I've ever had. Anyways I woke up in the middle of the night for no reason a year later in a panic attack and all I could think about is I felt the same way I did when I smoked weed, so I thought my husband put weed in my food to be funny. I know he would never do that but I thought he did in that time. And for about 3 weeks every time I had a panic attack I thought he done that knowing at the same time he didn't. It was crazy. But my psych pinned psychosis on me...... she later said anxiety and panic attacks can cause some symptoms of psychosis but it not be the same as the ones in bipolar. She thinks it's just anxiety...... 

My question is, is this kind of paranoia common or normal in anxiety and panic attacks?

0 likes, 38 replies

38 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I was in the same boat as you smalltowngirl. I had a panic attack that sparked anxiety. Saw a few different therapists and my dr who prescribed Me an anxiety drug that I forget the name. they called my symptoms anxiety. Driven and said the meds would help. I took the first pill and felt terrible. Every side effect the pharmacist told me was a possibility I had. My anxiety went thru the roof and I thought I was going crazy. I only took the one pill and swore never to take it again. I then fought anxiety and panic attacks for over a year and finally couldn't deal with it anymore. My dr prescribed Zoloft and I wanted nothing to do with it due to reading all the side effects. 6 months later I decided I was tired of dealing with this and took the meds. Best thing I could have done. I now feel sooo much better and at week 6. I did get some side effects like nauseous and diarrhea but those are totally tolerable to rid the anxiety. 

Just wanted to share my story as it seems your afraid to take meds like me. If they don't work then try a different one. 

• Posted

Zoloft works for some people, no doubt. But it has terrible side affects for others. I like my lexepro. 
    • Posted

Thanks Adam! I that's definitely a lot of my problem and some of my fears. I'm really sensitive to meds. And it REALLY sucks. I've got an appt with my psych this week I'm going to tell her my fears and see what she prescribes or if she is going to stick to the lexapro and just do whatever she says do at this point. I took this week off of work to get this under control. It's really starting to take me over as I've been dealing with it off and on for 8 months now. 

• Posted

You sound like you are on the right track then. 

Best of luck with your apt and look forward to seeing you post one day how all this was just a thing of your past and your all better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.