Parasite(?) in stool

Posted , 2 users are following.

can anyone knows what that's could be?

it's not anything I eaten I'm sure. it has quite hard shell and once you remove it looks like kind of an egg(?)

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

first pic is under magnifying glass, this one show both.

• Edited

I think its a seed with a hard case. It looks very much like a sunflower seed. Do you eat cereal with sunflower seed in it?. Sometimes you can find the occasional shell that hasnt been processed properly. Have a think about what you have been eating and look at the ingredients on the container if you can. I'm sure its not anything harmful.

• Posted

thanks for your reply. not sunflower seeds for sure. they are tiny like 1/4 of a sunflower seed shell plus it has got quite deep grooves compare to any kind of whole food I had.

i suspect that I have some kind of a parasite in my body. not feeling well for quite some time. have mood swing, very itchy spots on my legs (only) and anemia dispite the fact i'm on iron tablets for most of the year. those shell kind of looking bits are not only things I been finding . sometimes I can have loads of white spots in a stool. not every day but at least 3 to 4 times a week. since I started to suspect parasite I try to eat either mushy food or I chew every bite at least 20 times so in case if I pass anything I'm sure that it's not undigested food.

• Posted

I still dont think its a gut parasite. I cant think of any gut worm that looks like that. What does your average daily diet consist of? Those white bits could be undigested food. Is your diet causing your anaemia? Anaemia can cause itchy skin as well. Are you taking enough iron?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.