Parasites or fungus? Please help identify the cause of my misery

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi there so for the last 10 years or so I've had these sores. They start as a bump under the skin which feels a lot like assist but it's not necessarily round and then when the bump explodes there are white stringy kind of things that come out. The stores take a really long time to heal it unless I get all the white stringy things out I don't heal it all. I get these things on my scalp on my legs and my neck pretty much everywhere scars from head to toe. The doctors just like so many of us keep telling me I'm just nuts. I wish someone would be able to at least answer what it is that I'm finding I've attached some pictures for you to look please help me. .

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I am sorry to read about your problem I am sure it must be plain misery but please don't despair. Have you taken these stringy things to a lab to have them cultured. If not then you should.

• Posted

My problems may not be exactly the sane but for years I have been getting sores on arms, neck and so on.  I have tried every type ointment and cream possible.  The only thing I have found that helps is 5% Permethrin cream applied twice daily.  It might not help but it is worth a try.
  • Posted

From reading the majority of posts most doctors always say that we are psychotic,nuts , depressed, anxious when we tell them our symptoms. This is the answer when they cannot find a cause.I am not saying that there are not people that have these illnesses and this post is not meant to degrade anyone who has but doctors should not put us all in the same sack. A doctor should listen to his patient because a patient gives the symptoms and doctors are supposed to diagnose. If the can't give a diagnosis then maybe they should start reading medical journals with the symptoms that patients have. Then they should investigate further to help their patient. Some doctorsay don't keep themselves informed or follow conferences of different illnesses they just know what they were taught at med school and from minor experience. This comment does not mean all doctors are like this but the majority are. This psychi thing whenever they can't make a diagnosis is really starting to get on my nerves.

• Posted

I know exactly what you are going through I have been going through it for 13 years I have pretty much become a loner because of the sores and scarring from all the years of lesions I've seen 6 different dermatologist all of them said it was either in my head or from picking but I too have little white things coming out and until they're out it will not heal sores could last years and lately have rapidly increased I don't understand what keeps coming out of my skin but the only thing they tell me now if I may have pruigo nodularis in which there is no cure for so now it's a life of imprisonment pain and sores I am also at a loss wish I could help but want you to know you're not the only one

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.