parasitic infection

Posted , 2 users are following.

does anyone else have this?  i am under the consultant at the moment for a hydatid cyst in the liver which could be parasitic.  The consultant does not seem too worried about this but i am freaking out.  I am waiting for a blood test result (for antibodies) and if it shows positive then i will be given a course of antibiotics.  I could have had this for months/years without knowing (it was found by chance looking for something else) but now i know that i may have this i just want to be treated ASAP :-(

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

ok get the lab reports and see what Blood tests was taken it has to be a S Ferritin test Serum Ferritin a regular blood test will not do!
    • Posted

I think i am in the clear, i have got a copy of my blood works report and looking at the srum ferritin level my level reads as 149gug/L and the range is (10.0 - 420.0) so i am well within range......phew!  thanks for bringing this up though as there are so many illnesses/diseases which we know nothing about.  I wil report on my liver cyst as soon as i get my results from the consultant.
  • Posted

I wish to update everyone who has taken the time to follow my posts.  I received a letter from my consultant on Friday and i do NOT have a hydatid cyst :-)  this is a huge relief and the best news i could have had.   I have been waiting and worrying about this for months.  All the consultant wants to do now is to keep an eye on the cyst with a follow up scan in 3 - 4 months time so i hope it remains stable.  I do have fatty liver though which was picked up in my original ultrasound scan so have decided to chat to my GP about this when i next see her to see what i need to do about this.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.