Parents spoke to a Nurse about me and it is now on my medical record can I remove it ?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am 17yrs old and applied to join the Army. Everything was going well until I got rejected on the basis of my medical report. It has a note in it saying I have suffered from low moods. This is a red line for Army and therefore instant rejection on grounds of "mild to moderate depression"

I can appeal but only if there is an error or missing information on the records.

My point is that I do not and never have had any depression or anything close. I had never been to my GP let alone spoken about this subject. It is purely from a phone call from my Mum to a Nurse at the GP surgery expressing her opinion, she tells me she was looking for ideas of social clubs to allow me to make friends as we were new to the area. Whatever the reason for the call, I am barred from the Army for no reason as far as I am concerned.

Does anyone have a view on whether this should be on my record as my Mum called without my knowledge, it was her words and not those of a professional and was a nurse not a GP so how this ends up as depression i do not understand. I would like the note removed so I went to GP yesterday and he asked me a load of questions and said I have no signs of any mental health issues.

Please any help or advice

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.