Paresthesia (pins and needles)?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Have any of you had paresthesia as a symptom during a flare up? I would describe it as pins, needles, electricity, pinching that is totally random. It can happen anywhere on the body but for me mostly confined to the torso and specifically the abdominal area. Its superficial, sudden and often a precursor to a gassy episode or diarrhea. I think its commonly associated with diabetes which isn't a factor in my case. This started shortly after my first bout with Diverticulitis and I thought may have been a neurological effect of ciprofloxacin but I now don't think so.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Yes l get it from time to time totally random but manily abdominal.

l normally increase my fluid intake and stick to veggies homemade soup something easy on the colon and intestines for a day. Seems to work.

• Posted

I have had a bowel resection, an iliostomy for 3 months, and then a reversal because of an abscess due to diverticulitis. I have pins and needles in my legs all the time. It's not related to anything else. No one seems to know why I'm left with this. It's better than it was before but i don't think it will ever go away now. A mysterious disease as i have found out!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.