Paresthesia with Vertigo and Dizziness

Posted , 5 users are following.

With my latest episodes of Dizziness and Vertigo I have been experiencing Pins and Needles in my neck and shoulders. I thought I had pinched a nerve playing bowls. Last night it spread everywhere, arms,  legs and feet. 

Has anyone else experienced this and have you any suggestions.

I haven't been able to play bowls for 3 weeks (really miss it!)

Pauline.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

It does sound like a pinched nerve to me.  I gphad an e remember neck,pain problem Dr,if this year and saw my p about it. I ended up having ultra sound d treatment with the practice nurse, and I have to say it worked better than anything!  I f you gave tingling you need to see a doctor Pauline!
    • Posted

Hi Gillian, i once had ultrasound treatment years ago for a sore neck and it really does work. Glad you feel better.  I have recently, past few months, had a trapped nerve in back of neck/shoulder and may go back and ask again for ultrasould treatment as i believe, as you say, it might help.  I was on naproxen pain relief for it for the past few months but found it was making me depressed, it's one of the rarer side effects.  Thankfully over the past week the pain in my shoulder has eased off but i have been quite dizzy with a recurrence of BPPV but also think my neck is affecting my balance and vision.

• Posted

I wouldn,t mind some again as I have had a lot of neck stiff going on lately it it's probably not bad enough to get it. Wish I could get none of those things myself!,,n I know that when my neck is playing up, the vertigo stuff,is always worse, as is the tinnitus! pain relief is stupid as it just masks the problem eh?
  • Posted

Do you have the vertigo at the same time with the tingling?

My whole right side gets tingly and I have it for 3 minutes with the dizziness.

I have been to 5 drs and no answer and just waiting to read here that someone knows what it is, when it goes away, or that it just disappears. I have no hope in drs anymore.

I am thinking it is a neck thing but I can't figure out what brings it on because it can be any type of movement including just sitting still.

I also have MS and a daily kind of dizzy/foggy headed off balance thing.. This is NOT the same thing.. I know my body too well after 35 years of MS.

• Posted

Hi Cheryl,

Yes I have Vertigo with the tingling. Now wondering if it's a return of Shingles, as the pain and tingling are in the same area. I have mentioned this to my GP and he agreed to me trying Lidocaine patches again ( it helped with the shingles) If it works it could indicate a Neuro problem. 

I'll let you know how it works out.

• Posted

Having listened to all your advice, this discussion and others, I believe I need to try and get back to my normal regime. The betahistine and the Lidocaine plasters offer some relief, but I think getting on with my life will benefit me more. Today I  summoned up the courage to go back to playing Bowls. It took some effort , but was worth it. The dizziness was horrendous and I kept losing my balance. My friends were great and very supportive. If I felt off balance they encouraged me to take my time and start when I was able. 

Being back home I realise what was being said about "the crystals needing redistribution" following exercise. Tonight my ears keep blocking and unblocking and the tinnitus seems more intense. I will continue, in the hope that something resolves the problem.

I'm looking forward to getting the blood results, will keep you all informed.

Best wishes everybody

Pauline 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.