Parkinson's without medication

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi Everyone,

I was diagnosed with PD back in July and have been unable to tolerate any of the meds they have tried me on, So I am thinking  I will try and manage without any medication, has anyone else done this?

L x

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Linda

Which meds did they try you and what side effects did you get?

• Posted

Hi Ben,

They first  tried Madapor but that triggered my Afib so they changed me to Sinemet that also disagreed with me swollen limbs bladder changes blurred vision feeling faint even when laying down sweating twitching eye abdominal pain to name but a few. they then tried Ropinirole but that was contraindicated with the meds I take for Afib. 

My problem is I have compromised immune system with ACCP positive palindromic RA, Fibromyalgia  and Sjogren's syndrome, and my immune system basically makes me very intolerant of many things as my immune system just sees everything as alien and spits it out.

consequently I am going to try going forward with the PD without meds I might try some Acupuncture.

L.

• Posted

All antiparkinsonian drugs are purely symptomatic treatment - none of them alter the disease progression.

So if you can cope with the symptoms, then you don't need to take the meds.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.