parkinsons meds

Posted , 4 users are following.

My husband is on 8 pills a day of carbidopa/levodopa 25 - 100 mg daily.  Also 6 tablets daily of carbidopa/levodopa/enta 50 200 200 daily.  Is anyone else on such a great amount of meds?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

How old is your husband? Is he taking entacapone?

Cactus1

• Posted

He is 59  and on carpalevodopa and carpolevadopa enta.
  • Posted

i am on 8-10 a day  i have had parkie for 18-19 yrs and it keeps me under control most of the time  my legs shake when im at rest and i have  a hard time with the heat my head gets so hot  and i sweat  some ting terrable also cant spell for  any thing , so please forgive

• Posted

He had DBS so he doesn't shake but when on a bunch of pills he has slurred speech and bumps into walls and acts drunk.

• Posted

Hi Robin , 

That kind of dosage isnt unusual . Are your husbands symptoms being controlled by this amount  or is he very much 'off ' and 'on' ? It could be that you need to discuss treatment options with doctor 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.