Parotid gland mass

Posted , 2 users are following.

About 3 weeks ago I noticed that it hurt to lay on my left side of face. This is the side that I have a mass on my parotid that was found back in May. Then I noticed my face on that side was all swollen and it hurt so much. I went to my Gp qnd he could tell the difference and gave me antibiotics and told me to sick on lemon drops, use heat, and drink water. I did have another ultrasound and just got the results and he said the mass hasnt grown and wanted to know how I was doing. I told the nurse it still hurts it's still swollen somewhat and I still get dry mouth. I get saliva when sucking on lemon drops but when it's done it goes right back to being dry. So they called back and they are going to do a referral to the ENT that I seen before for more evaluation and tests. Will they remove the mass of it hasnt grown since it is causing pain even though it is small.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

well went to the ent and he isnt concerned about my mass because its so small or my dry mouth. he says my pain is tmj which I dont believe I have but he seemed very cocky, arrogant, he yelled at my mom and just didnt see me like he was concerned about me at all. I am seeking a second opinion as I still have pain and I feel some swelling but not bad but still a dry mouth.

• Posted

Hi there, I am new on this group. How did you get on?

I have a small swelling on the left under the jaw. Had it for several years. Sometimes I can't feel it at all but sometimes when I have done face and neck exercises in with my work out it feels more prominent. Doc has said no action as yet. I don't have a dry mouth but do have reflux which give me a watery mouth (water brash). Docs don't really seem bothered to me.

Let us know how you went on.

G. (UK)

• Posted

I went to a different doctor and he drained my cyst that was on my parotid gland. but two weeks later I had swelling and pain along my jaw line or right below it. he put me on antibiotics and swelling and pain eventually went away. but now I constantly get some swelling and pains that come and go. my doctor believes I get these infections because I'm not getting a good nights rest. but he diagnosed me with chronic sialandentitis. I keep going back to Jim for follow up treatments

• Posted

I don't think it is right that we have to seek out answers ourselves as docs to me to want you to go away. Well mine does (my doc who I had for years took early retirement and she was brilliant) but the new ones.

Glad you are getting at least somewhere.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.