Parotid gland tumour removal

Posted , 3 users are following.

I went to the doctors about

3 years ago with a lump in front of my right ear, the doctor said it was a tumour and i went for a scan and they confirmed it was just a fatty lump.

It has since grown a little bit and i want it removed cos its making me paronoid. Its about the size of 2 50ps now going just under my jaw.

Im really worried about being my face being numb or paralyzed after the op.

Any advice or personal experience would be great to hear.

Im trying to get in with the doctors again asap.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Chris,

My daughter (at the age of 19) had a pleomorphic adenoma removed (which is a benign tumour of the parotid gland ) from just underneath her ear. 

It was the size of a big marble. 

The Consultant emphasised the risk of damaging the facial nerve during the operation  but luckily my daughter was fine and has had no sequelea following the operation which was 13 years ago now. 

Good luck with your operation

Take care

Kind regards

Jane 

• Posted

Go see an ENT Otolaryngolgist - I’m sure they will have you do a cat scan - and if it should be removed they can advise . My swelling was making my lip numb but since gland was removed all feeling has come back . 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.