Paroxatene need encouragement

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've been a wk on 10mg Paroxatene this is my first wk on 20mg of it. Feeling drowsy a lot and wondering when it will start working. Fifth day on 20mg it seems a long process need some encouragement. Was on Sertraline for yrs but it stopped working. Decided to go back on this it did work wonders before. But feeling really low at mo 'cos not feeling any betta

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

i was on the medication for 5 years. you will feel brain zaps, like i did. not sure if others felt the same but it was very weird. well medication was OK but i had to get off due to side effects of ruining my marriage. i thought i was in ok place but i was not. so i am off of it now. i currently am on nothing and praying to God for healing over me. hope this helps God bless.
    • Posted

I get the brain zaps, normally when I’ve been ill, like with a cold. I hate them, and can’t drive when I have them. But the benefits I get from this drug, outweigh the side effects.
  • Posted

Give it time. If you feel no better after a few weeks, then maybe you should increase the dose? I take 60 mg, although don’t want to stay on that dose for ever. The side effects should ease up after a while.
  • Posted

What are you taking it for? I was on it for 18 years for anxiety. It only helped for the first year. It is a poor drug long term for anxiety. I went off it cold turkey, which , as people told me, was like hard drug withdrawal! It was horrible! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.