paroxatine new user

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi ive been suffering over the years with social phobia , paranoia,body dysmophic and on and off been on attidepresents then had break for 2 years i then got worse so i have now been put on 10mg paroxatine and have been on them for a week ...at first i felt better few days into them ..the paranoia went and panick attacks at night went but now im feeling like a zombie and spaced out and could just sit down all day do nothing ...doctor said after week take whole table 20mg so i just wanted to know if its because i need to up the dose ?? i dont want to feel even more like a zombie like feeling atm 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

20mg paroxetine is usual dose, the tiredness is completely normal, it will last a few weeks though so just try to rest as much as you can until you feel better.
    • Posted

ok thankyou im just trying to keep it up taking them ..hard tho with the side effects just not sure when to up the dose or just stay on the 10mg for a while 
    • Posted

Yes I was on them for 6 months they were brilliant but then for some reason they started affectig my bowels and I had non stop diarhoea so had to come off them,  coming off was really hard.
  • Posted

Paroxetine is a good medication for social phobia,anxiety and panic attacks from my experience.Have been on it for 15years (varying dosages from 20mg to 50mg,currently 40mg).My diagnosis is ocd,social anxiety and panic.

At first it may take your body a little while to adjust to but dont worry.10mg shouldn't cause any problems.Even 20mg will not cause any noticeable side effects.This feeling (spaced out) that you talk about is probably due to feeling anxious about taking something new.It is a good safe medication with few side effects from my experience. I go to work,drive and exercise since I've been on it and it has never caused any issues.

It may help with your social phobia,bdd and panic attacks by making you feel less anxious and self conscious.

The only negative thing I will say is if you find yourself on it for a long time like myself (ie years at a high dose) and you express a desire to come off it ,you may be kept on it as its hard to come off then. Otherwise it is helpful for these conditions if they are sufficiently taking away from the quality of your life. Paul

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.