Paroxetine 20mg for anxiety after having baby

Posted , 5 users are following.

i was on this medication for some years which worked really well for me! However I came of the meds in March due to being pregnant! My baby is now 13 days old and my anxiety has come back terribly and I have been back on the meds for 8 days now! I am having some good moments since being in the meds but mostly bad and constantly feeling anxious/on edge especially when I wake up of a morning! I'm just wondering when will I feel the full benefit of the meds and when will this anxiety leave me like it did before!! 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi charlottte i got the same problem, well i wasn't pregnant bit joke. yea i am with paroxetine for over 14 years now, and i am not sure how to get of it. i am worried if i stop taking them, that all my problem will come back. any idea?

I think those medication are helping abd also give us a huge addiction to tablets.

grrr!!!

• Posted

Hi I have been on seroxat for 20 years I have got down to 20mg per day rather than 60mg at the beginning it us very had to get off it I have tried many times. I have reduced slowly over many years to reduce to 20mg I tried about a year ago to reduce to 10kg u was unwell and all my old symptoms came back so quickly went back to 20mg it is so hard as you don't want to be on tablets but you don't want to be ill either. Although I am on the tablets I still get anxious now and again but not as bad as before. All you can do is slowly withdraw and see how you feel.
    • Posted

Its so hard to get of this adictive medication. i did give it up few years ago, then my problem start coming back, then i have to go back on paroxetine. no idea what to do. its so anoying. i even try to cut from 20mg to 10mg then stop, its not working. sad
  • Posted

I had to get off Paroxetine. It was a nightmare. Completely cracked up. Ended up in hospital. On Citalopram now and off work for at least a month. Slow and steady. Feeling a bit better. Teeth clenching stopped.
  • Posted

Hi Charlotte

Having a new baby is very hard for anyone! Especially in the first few weeks as your hormones will be all over the place and you probably aren't getting much sleep. It does get better as you and baby start to get settled into a routine.

Be easy on yourself and give yourself some time to adjust to the baby and restarting paroxetine. Do you have a health visitor you could talk to? Is there a local mental health team you could see? Asking for a little help and support is your right, and will be good for you and your baby.

When I started on paroxetine it took a good month to 6 weeks before I settled down, but the benefits to me are huge. I can lead a normal life for the first time in years.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.