Paroxetine

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am a bit confused with sone of the posts. I have taken Seroxat (Paroxetine) for years. I have noticed some people referring to a drug called Paxil, saying its Paroxetine. I have never known it as Paxil. Can someone please explain this. Thank you.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Paxil  is just the Brand name for the generic  paroxetine.
  • Posted

So...Paxil  and Seroxat are just different brand names ...but the same thing generically as  paroxetine.  
  • Posted

It's called Paxil in USA. Took me a few years to work that out! Here in England we call it Seroxat.

• Posted

Hi thank you that has explained it.

I never had bad side effects but have been on this since 1993 !

• Posted

It's the same drug. I think paroxetine is the generic name. Did you have bad side effects at first?

• Posted

I just started taking Paroxetine a few days ago and i feel very weak and light headed i am taking half foe 7 days then a whole the next week

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.