Paroxysmal atrial fibrillation and low blood pressure.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello, just been diagnosed with paf. I had to call an ambulance in which I panicked of having a heart attack, then it came out to be PAF. my heart rate was ar8und 150 - 180.but my blood pressure was normal 106/ 60, they monitored me for 10 hours, and then decided to prescribe me with Bisoprolol tabs. My heart is still abit jumpy, but better than before, but now im having low blood pressure. Im taking these tabs in the morning, is this ok? If I took it at night would it make a difference?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sheniz,

I have been commenting regarding Bisoprol on this site and the effects it has had on my wife.

We are now into day 5 taking Bisoprol 1.25mgs instead of 2.5mgs. she is now taking it with her supper instead of for breakfast, the change is quite amazing as none of the side effects that she had during the day, i.e. Tiredness, Giddiness, lethargic etc are now apparant.

So I would try this and see what happens,

• Posted

Hi Sheinz,

You have been given good advice on taking Bisoprolol in the evening as opposed to morning. I have been taking 10mgs for 6 years or so and first began taking with breakfast but alas the side effects weren't too

nice. I then went ahead, off my own bat, taking it at night. My heart ticks away nicely now at 60 beats a

minute and has done all these years.

But importantly, stick to that routine religiously and your heart should regulate itself nicely................Ron.

• Posted

Hi.. thanks for your responses, ok I will try giving the Bisopro at supper. Yes Maxine50 same side affects my mum is having. Yes we re definitely taking it in the evening Stobban. I will update you.. bless you all..
  • Posted

Also what ever my mum eats, the palpitations gets worse, it takes a while for it to settle down, is there s special diet she needs to follow? We ve cut down on caffeine, which she loved drinking tea and coffee.. not so much but can't drink any at all. Iv bought some herbal tea for her today, grapes and blackcurrant tea, heard its good for problem with loww blood pressure. Any other suggestions?
  • Posted

Hello everyone unfortunately iv got bad news, my mum had a stroke. ? sad(
  • Posted

So sorry to hear the news about your mum, I hope she recovers and gets well soon.
  • Posted

Thanks Maxine50, I hope so. I now want to make a complaint about this doctor. But I don't know where. ?..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.