Partial dislocation of dual mobility THR 7 months post op.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi,

Following successful healing progress of my left THR, I recently experienced a distressing shudder through my leg on a casual walk. I was able to walk through this but on arrival back home, I turned slightly and heard a loud crack followed by a sliding dislocation sensation which thankfully righted itself after seconds. Hardly any pain experienced, only soreness and inflammation. This was very distressing and was to repeat itself on odd occasions over a two week period. Thankfully it still righted itself each time. I have seen my consultant who has requested x rays and ultrasound scans.

Has anyone experienced something similar please? I have been extremely worried of any further occurrences.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Edited

once Xray is seen .. your answer is from your doctor as to what happened . it could be any number of issues. i would not even try to gestimate even after 3 total hip surgeries, it could be a number of issues.

no one hear is a doctor and your question is best left for your physician to answer.

i hope it is not serious and your on your way to a stable hip and future.

• Posted

Thankyou Barabara I of course will follow my consultants advice once i see him it just seems such an unusual occurrence (and his words) just extremely anxious while i wait I wish you well

• Posted

hi Steve.

how is the hip now? I've heard the dual mobility hip suffers less for dislocation?

if I could ask how old you are?

I'm 63 and very active gym building and mechanicing. I asked about dual mobility but was told it would wear out too quickly. I'm just worried that if I have the hip replacement I will not be able to do the things I need to do. I can function now with lots of pain relief.

can you do the things you used to be able to do? I need both doing and I'm terrified ill be worse off

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.